We thought it might be helpful for us to make monthly goals, not only financially, but just in our every day life, as well. We are going to try to purge most of the “stuff” in our house over the next several months. A yard sale is in the works to get that started either this weekend or next weekend to kick that purge off. Minimalism, here we come!
July has been a busy month for us. We’ve both been working hard on our side hustles to get them started. We’re hoping to pull at least $1000 a month from them soon to be able to throw towards the debt. We need to find a better balance of family, work, and personal time because we have been so exhausted lately. Do you have any tips for us in that regard?
- Stick to the budget for the whole month without pulling from savings.
- Put $4000 TOTAL towards debt this month. That’s a huge amount but possible if we stick to our guns!
- My personal goal is to stay under $100 for eating out. For us, that is really strict. I hope we can do it. (I love Chickfila too much!)
- Have a yard sale and make at least $200.
- Go through all of my clothes and get rid of at least half of them (yes, it’s a scary thing for me!)
- Get our plumbing and kitchen ceiling fixed. Our house is over 30 years old and we’ve recently had some leak issues. We need to get it looked at and possibly fixed really soon before any gross stuff sets in.
- Get our oldest ready for school! She starts back August 24. I need to order school supplies.
- Get ready for homeschool! I am homeschooling my 6 year old this year and we’ll be starting 1st grade. I have most of her curriculum gathered already, I just need to make a few lesson plans and pull books off the shelves that I’ll want to use.
- Work on getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night.
- Go to the pool once a week because summer is almost over! 🙂
I plan on updating at the end of the month to see if we met our goals!
What are some of your goals for August?